Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hello, Harto



There's this thing that bloggers do, or so I have noticed, where they put their opinion out on what others (usually these others are strangers) are doing. Or what the political offices are doing to the country or what the country is doing to the country or what their neighbor is doing to their yard. From my experience, those conversations and blogs lead to angry comments, angry people, and a general bad mood. It's what I like to call, the ugly side of the internet.

And then there's Hannah Hart. If you don't know who she is, go to her youtube channel (linked at the bottom of this post) and watch My Drunk Kitchen. It is exactly as it sounds. She gets drunk, while cooking. Dangerous. Yes. But, we've all done it... except me, Mom and Dad. Never me!

Her channel is funny and clever and this woman became and overnight success. With guest appearances by John Green and segments such as fish fingers and custards, what's not to love about her? Ms. Hart is a modern day woman who is gathering up her happiness and then rolling it in sugar and spice before dousing it in wine and handing it over to us on a silver platter called youtube. Well, just when I thought I couldn't love her anymore, she came out with this.



This is living proof that nerds and people that dwell in the evils of the Internet world can use their powers for good. Traveling the country and world in a manner that would make most practical people cringe, Hannah Hart and her crew of awesomely epic misfits (That should be there name from now on. The AEM) have made a youtube series out of their adventures by simply being themselves.

By being themselves.

I want people to take that in for a moment and maybe this realization that being yourself is a good thing, as long as you're happy, will finally sink into the collective conscience of this world.

During these escapades of theirs, they meet up with fans, sometimes going into their homes and filming and episode of My Drunk Kitchen there. But what's really amazing about all this? When they want to meet up with a group of fans on a large scale, they do it at a food kitchen. This is what I mean by using your power of internet charm for good. Her and her AEM volunteer both behind the scenes and in front and, together, with the community, have helped raise 70,000lbs of food to date.

I'm sure there are internet haters out there that can find something wrong with this whole scenario and I have long ago just accepted that those people are just living their life the way they know how and there's a certain respect I have for that. But personally, I look at a video like this, I look at these people and the people that are her fans and look at what they are doing, and I smile. It's so easy to sometimes forget that we are good people at heart. Thank you, Hannah and friends and everyone who was involved and continues to be involved with this, for reminding us of our potential.


For more information on how to get involved, click on the youtube link above and go to the information section. Also, visit http://hartoandco.com/ to keep up to date on everything they are doing.  Also, if you want to watch My Drunk Kitchen or more of her amazing video's, go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyHarto?feature=watch

Disclaimer: Don't get drunk and cook.  The food doesn't turn out well.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment